top of page

Dentistry For Kids

"At Sparkling White Dental we provide high-quality dental treatments for every member of your family, including children's dentistry. Our friendly staff go that extra mile to make even the youngest and most anxious of patients feel at ease. We're conscious of the costs associated with keeping your children's teeth healthy, so we are happy to accept all health funds and the CDBS entitlements. Please see below to know if you are eligible"

Child Dental Benefits Schedule eligibility criteria:

To get this your child must be:

  • 2 to 17 years old for at least 1 day that year

  • Eligible for medicare

  • Getting a payment from medicare at least once a year, or have a parent getting a payment from centerlink at least once a year. You don’t need to apply or register for CDBS. If your child is eligible medicare will send you a letter.

  • You can be either the child’s:

  • Parent or guardian

  • Approved care organisation.

  • If you’re a teenager and have a partner

  • You may be able to get CDBS in a calendar year when:

  • You’re 17 years old, or younger for at least 1 day that year

  • Your partner gets an eligible payment from CenterLink.

What's Covered:

Medicare covers up to $1,000 over 2 calendar years for basic dental services under CDBS. The services we           will cover include:

  • Check-ups

  • X-rays

  • Cleaning

  • Fissure sealing

  • Fillings

  • Root canal treatment

  • Extractions.

The services medicare won’t cover are:

  • Orthodontic dental treatment

  • Cosmetic dental treatment

  • Any dental services in a hospital.


You can claim up to $1,000 for each child over 2 consecutive calendar years.

The 2 year period starts at the beginning of the calendar year in which your child both:

  • becomes eligible

  • gets their first dental service.

You can use the full amount of $1,000 in the first year. This will leave no funds for the second year. If you don’t use the full $1,000 in the first year, you can use it in the second year. You can only use it in the second year if your child remains eligible.

bottom of page